Unofficial results for the Western Individuals discipline at the 2023 Hobbyhorse Championships:
Due to the late time that the Western Individuals event was due to take place, the judges decided that the event would be judged on time achieved only. Also for this reason the published results are unofficial, as they were not evaluated according to the additional criteria of the Western Individuals discipline rules. Each contestant scored an initial 70 points.
| Rank|| Sports number|| Name|| Hobbyhorse|| Resulting points||Resulting time|
| 1.|| 718|| Barča Němcová|| Beauty|| 70||13,760 s|
| 2.|| 487|| Klaudia Bizoňová|| Caramel|| 70||13,820 s|
| 3.|| 519|| Julie Vondalová|| Severka|| 70||14,260 s|
| 4.|| 498|| Nela Cangárová|| Dash Mystery Falcon|| 70||14,420 s|
| 5.|| 828|| Päivi Kankaanniemi|| Solkun Dambar|| 70||14,440 s|
| 6.|| 502|| Nela Hiklova|| Jijo|| 70||14,460 s|
| 7|| 489|| Viktória Vaňková|| Aramis|| 70||14,560 s|
Note: In the event that several competitors have the same number of final points and the same final time, the judges of the discipline will decide the final ranking.
Rules for the evaluation of the discipline Western individuals
by hobbyhorse community
Questions & Answers
How will the Western Individual discipline be judged?
For western individuals, the scoring will be based on the number of points and the best time as follows:
- The riders will be ranked first according to the number of points they have scored
- If multiple riders score the same number of points - ridden time is used as a second criterion - and the riders in the same position are ranked in ascending order by time (from lowest time upwards)
- The winner is the rider who scored the most points (if more than one rider scored the same number of points, the one who completed the course in the minimum time).
- Other riders are ranked according to their ranking
- If a rider is entered in a discipline with two hobbyhorses, only one of them will be judged, the one with the better ranking.
- Excluded riders will not be evaluated
Will equipment also be assessed?
Yes. Use of illegal equipment is grounds for disqualification.
The use of a western bridle is recommended, which means that the bridle does not have a top bit. Required is a curb chain, strap, hackamore or bosal. If curb chain is used, split reins must be used. Martingales or other aids are not allowed. Western-styled breast collars are allowed. Bandages are not allowed. The whip is not used in western racing.
What can I get penalty points for?
Errors are divided into offences and faults according to their severity. The referee assesses them on the basis of how serious and continuing the fault is:
Offence: 1 - 2 penalty points:
breaking gait within two strides, touching obstacles, wrong position of rider or horse, premature or late change of lead, wrong way of jumping over the log (leading leg goes first)
Error: 3 - 5 penalty points:
incorrect gait, change of lead through running, horse, a touch of reins with stick hand, a touch of obstacles, or objects.
Didn’t find the answers to your questions? Contact us!