Hobbyhorse Sport Club Slovakia
These rules specify how the Hobbyhorse Slovakia sports club operates. The Hobbyhorse Slovakia sports club is represented by the Hobbyhorse Slovakia civic association. Membership in a sports club does not automatically lead to membership in the Hobbyhorse Slovakia civic association.
- associates athletes who are actively engaged in the sport of hobby horsing
- mediates the registration in the Register of natural persons in sport, which is kept by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- organises club sports competitions and meetings for its members
- organizes open sports competitions for non-members of the club, which aim to promote hobbyhorsing among the public
- encourages its members to develop in hobbhorsing
- organises training programmes in hobbyhorsing for its members
- informs its members about news in the world of hobbyhorsing
- supports and mediates for its members participation in sports competitions in hobbyhorse racing in Slovakia and abroad
- actively presents the activities of its members to the public
- keep records of its members’ participation in sports competitions and meetings
- provides preferential conditions for its members to participate in open club meetings and competitions
Establishment and termination of membership in a sports club
Membership in the sports club is voluntary. A member can only be a natural person who agrees to the rules of the sports club and applies to the sports club by filling in the application form. In the case of a person under the age of 18, the applicant’s legal guardian must confirm on the application form that he/she agrees to be a member of the sports club. Part of the application to join a sports club is the provision of the necessary information for the registration of the member in the Register of Natural Persons in Sport. Each member of a sports club is registered in the Register of Natural Persons in Sport. This registration allows you to officially represent the Slovak Republic at foreign sporting events.
Once the application form has been submitted, acceptance into the sports club is confirmed to the email address provided at registration.
Membership in the club is terminated by the member’s notice of withdrawal from the sports club, which should be sent to the email address HHclub@hobbyhorseslovakia.com. Other options for termination of membership are non-payment of the membership fee, even on the repeated date notified by the Executive Committee, further expulsion of the member due to repeated activities that threaten the sporting ethics by the dissolution/cancellation of the sporting club or death of the member.
Membership fees of club members
Membership dues for club activities shall be paid by members on an annual basis in an amount determined by the club committee. The membership fees received are used exclusively to cover the costs associated with the participation of sports club members in sporting events and meetings, promotion of the sports club and to cover the costs associated with the management of the sports club’s agenda.
The current amount of membership fees shall be communicated to active members at least 1 month prior to the end of the annual period, including the form in which the membership fee can be paid.
The current membership fee for new members is displayed during the sports club registration process. It is also possible to pay the fee when registering as a member of a sports club.
Rights and obligations of sports club members
- to take an active part in the tasks and objectives of the club
- to take care of the general development of the club, with particular regard to its promotion to other potential members
- to represent the common interests of the members as well as the club itself
- pay membership fees in the amount set by the club committee
- the right to information on all club matters
- the right to be elected to the club committee, after a minimum of 2 years of active membership in the sports club
- the right to preferential entry to sports competitions and activities organised by the sports club
- take care of updating the member’s contact details with the executive production of the sports club
- to protect and improve the property of the sports club
Club Executive Committee
The executive committee of the sports club has 3 members who are also members of the sports club. It is elected for a period of 3 years. The Executive Committee shall be accountable to the Membership
- Manages the activities of the sports club in the period between membership meetings.
- Convenes and one of its members chairs the membership meeting
- Meets at least once every 3 months
- Decides on the admission and expulsion of a member of a sports club
- Determines the amount of membership fees in the sports club
- decides on the dissolution of the sports club in the event that the general meeting does not meet within three months to decide on the dissolution of the sports club,
Elections to the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee shall announce the date for new elections to the Executive at a time at least 2 months before the end of the elected term of the current Club Committee. The candidate must notify the Executive Committee of the sports club in writing at least 14 days before the general meeting at which the election is to be held. The election shall be by secret ballot. The three candidates with the highest number of votes are elected to the Executive Committee. In the event of a tie between two candidates, a second round shall be held and a majority of a majority shall be sufficient for election. In the event that there are one or two candidates for the chairmanship of the Executive Committee, a supermajority vote of the attendees at a membership meeting shall be sufficient for election. If there are more than two candidates, a two-round system shall be used, with the two candidates with the highest number of votes advancing to the second round. In the second round, a supermajority of the votes of the participants at the membership meeting shall be sufficient for election. In the event that at least 3 members are not elected for the next elected term, the existing members of the Executive Committee shall continue to represent the Club until new elections are called, which shall take place within 3 months of the last election.
Membership meeting of the sports club
The membership meeting shall consist of all active members of the club.
- approves amendments to the rules of the sports club
- elects new members and dismisses members of the executive committee of the sports club
- decides on important issues concerning the sports club
- decides on the dissolution of a sports club
A membership meeting shall be convened by the Executive Committee of the Club at least once a year. The date shall be communicated to the members by email to the email address on record for the member by the Executive Committee at least 14 days prior to the membership meeting. A quorum for a membership meeting shall be present if a majority of all members are present, including via conference call (Zoom, Skype…). The members’ meeting shall be chaired by one member of the executive committee, at the beginning the members shall approve the agenda and appoint a recorder, who shall take minutes of the meeting and after the meeting is over, send them by email to all members of the sports club. Decisions shall be made by simple majority vote, in the event of a tie, the member of the Executive Committee chairing the membership meeting shall have 2 votes, with the exception of the removal of members of the Sports Club Executive Committee, in which case approval by at least a ¾ majority of the club members present shall be required
Rules update: June 2022